Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > The Wedding Cake Girl

The Wedding Cake Girl by Anne Pfeffer

Sep 01, 12

bookshelves: kindle-books, arc-book-read
Read from August 22 to 24, 2012

I absolutely love coming of age stories. I love the feeling of endless love and hope that most of them have. That tomorrow will be better and each new day is just that, a new day and a new beginning.

And okay, maybe I am a sucker for the first kisses and the first loves and yes, even the first heartbreaks. There is just something about them that feels so real and makes me remember all those wonderful times in my life as well and how growing up can sometimes be painful but it can always be a heck of a lot of fun too.

Alex was a great character. I really felt for her. She had to be the grown up and the responsible one when she was at a time in her life when she should have been able to go out and have fun and be carefree.

She had hopes and dreams for herself that her mom just didn't seem to want to help her with or even believe in and it really made me all the more sad for her and even angry on her behalf.

But she doesn't let it get her down. She doesn't sit back and accept things, she goes out and she makes changes, changes to better her life and her situation. Some of them are hard and some she still doesn't have all the way figured out but the fact is she doesn't sit idly by and let life pass her by.

This really is a great coming of age story with a heroine that you will love and some really great hot guys that aren't bad themselves.

I had a hard time putting this one down and was very happy with the ending. I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Cake Girl.

08/22/2012