Doreene's Reviews > False Mermaid

False Mermaid by Erin Hart

Jul 12, 12

Read from July 09 to 11, 2012

I read this book last year and so enjoyed it that I recommended that our mystery book club read it. I reread the book and last night we discussed the book. And, the neat thing was that the author joined our group via SKYPE!! This book takes place in St. Paul, MN and in county Donegal in Ireland. The book has many layers. One of the main themes is what men will do to control a woman under their influence. Another theme is how DNA, even that of plants, can help solve crimes. Dr. Nora Gavin, a pathologist and specialist in studying bog bodies in Ireland has returned to MN for a break and is still trying to track down the killer of her sister (from 3 years ago). While there she has the help of Frank Cordova who has never let go of the hope of solving this case. But, during this investigation his brother dies and he needs to cope with that loss. Back in Ireland she has the help of Cormac. While in Ireland the story is full of atmosphere - Irish music, folktales of selkies, beach and cliffs along the ocean. I am anxious awaiting for the fourth book in this series which will be out in March of 2013.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Mermaid.