Shy The WidowMaker's Reviews > Blood Debt

Blood Debt by Nancy Straight

Aug 12, 12

Read from August 05 to 07, 2012

The cover of this book is simply stunning. The colors flow and work so well together and are simply spelling binding. It made me want to dive into this book as soon as possible. We start this book out by meeting Camille who goes by Cami dealing with her mom's death. As her mom is dying she finally tells her who Cami's father is. Cami is debating if she should call him or not as he doesn't know she exists.Cami finally decides to give him a call and has no idea how much her world is about to change. The next thing Cami knows she is on a plane to meet her father.

Cami is greeted at the airport by her brother and learns that she has a total of 5 brothers she knew nothing about. I loved how well the boys accepted her and took her under their wing. They instantly bonded with her and welcomed her into the fold. The boys are all unique in their own way too as well as being a handful. Cami soon learns that she comes from a line of Centaurs. Yes I said Centaurs as in the ones you remember from Greek myths. I have to say that Straight always manages to come up with some amazing concepts. I was floored to see that this book was different from everything out there. Bravo to you Straight for the originality.

Cami has to learn all the amazing things that come with her being a Centaur and soon realizes that because of something her mom did she has to pay a blood debt for it. Cami has a hard time coping with all the ways of the Centaurs and how different they view most things in life. She also has to learn how to use her powers. She meets Drake at the wedding of one of her brothers and there is an instant connection. I loved that they got along so well together and the pull they had for one another was off the charts amazing. As Cami is adjusting to life a major twist takes place that changes everything. I won't go into what happens because I feel it would be a spoiler. You have to read this book to see what happens.

The author does an amazing job with this book. Her writing is phenomenal and just right. The concept for this book was really original and it was a must read for me as I love anything the author writes. She just has such a way with words that sucks you in. I loved that once again she told a story that was set in my hometown. I loved to read about the area and Cami's reaction to it as she was a California girl. I love Cami and Drake together and can't wait to see what happens next. Overall this was an amazing story with romance and major action throughout and I highly recommend it to others. What are you waiting for? Go get your copy now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Debt.

08/05/2012 page 54