Brittany's Reviews > Demons at Deadnight

Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: unforgettables

This book was absolutely brilliant! It was one of those books that I hadn't really expected much from, having never even heard of it, but by chance happened to stumble upon, saw that it was only .99 cents, and thought "why not?" and let me tell you, it blew my ass away. Holy crap! It was fun, oh-so-sexy, and freaking hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. I was hooked before I even finished the first chapter, and trust me, that never happens. I really don't understand how more people haven't heard of it, but I think everyone needs to read it... like yesterday. And for .99 cents, you've got nothing to lose. It's amazing.

The scene that initially sucked me in:

“I launched into a graceful ninja-like front roll, then stood my ground to face the monstrous heathen, fearless in my determination to vanquish the deadly foe.

Nah, just kidding. I bolted, discretion being the better part of not getting dead.”

And it only got better from there. Oh, and I haven't even gotten to Ayden yet. He was just yummy. I don't think I've ever read anything that could take me from cracking up, to squealing from sexual tension in the blink of an eye. Its transition never feeling forced; it flowed effortlessly and felt completely natural. It was intense in the most delicious way. Seriously, what are you doing? You should be reading this book already.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons at Deadnight.

Quotes Brittany Liked

A&E Kirk
“Ayden strolled up and nonchalantly tossed me the keys. I caught them with ease.

Nah, I dropped them. Okay, technically I didn’t drop them. I just flinched when they hit me in the shoulder then I watched them drop. Did I mention I didn’t sleep well?”

A&E Kirk
“One hand planted on the top rail, slick from a recent rain, I swung my legs sideways, up and over. Home free.

Until my bottom foot clipped the post, and I spun as if caught in a crocodile’s death roll.

Good news? The spongy forest floor cushioned my fall.

Bad news? Momentum slammed my torso into a tree trunk. Couldn’t breathe.

But good news again. I’d rolled under a fat, bushy pine, which, along with the fading twilight, concealed my position. I heard the beast fly overhead in pursuit, taking out a few treetops on its way by.

Yeah, that was my plan all along. Man, I’m good. Except my body. It hurt.”

A&E Kirk
“Wish I could say it was a deviously clever move, but the truth is I’ve got grace management issues.”

message 1: by A&E (new) - rated it 5 stars

A&E Thank you! We're so excited we could hook you in and that you had such fun reading it!

Alyssa and Eileen