Peter Schwotzer's Reviews > Wild Girls

Wild Girls by Lisa Morton

Jul 23, 12

Read on July 08, 2012

I have been a fan of Lisa Morton's writing, both non-fiction and fiction and was extremely excited when I heard about her new novella "Wild Girls" published by Bad Moon Books.

All I have to say is Lisa took the gloves off on this one and delivered a blood soaked joyride that was a hell of a lot of fun to read.

It definitely isn't what I am used to from Lisa and that is not a bad thing. I love to see writers get out of their comfort zone and go off the deep end once in a while. With a writer of Lisa's caliber I knew it was going to be great.

The story centers around two women Jessie and Dens, their life together, their pasts and what they do now and what they do now is kill men, not your every day men but men that in their eyes deserve everything that they do to them and who am I to argue with that.

Be prepared for some gruesome blooksoaked imagery as Lisa lets her dark side run rampant and it is a joy to behold.

The story starts of with a scene that will definitely leave you feeling a little uncomfortable and in some cases maybe nauseated. The characters are well rounded and believable and as Lisa draws you into Jessie and Dens' world you might be surprised to find yourself caring about these woman and the my friends is what makes a story for me.

The story moves along at a frenetic pace that will keep you turning the pages feverishly. The book can be read in one sitting and I recommend that you do it that way, but then again if you are like my you won't even thing about it as you get lost in the tale and before you realize it is the end.

No spoilers from me, just read the book, I guarantee you will have a blast and I highly recommend it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Girls.