Cherise's Reviews > Succubus Dreams

Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead

Nov 02, 08

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal
Read in November, 2008

Georgina, Succubus extraordinaire, juggles a new protégée, some new angels and a few more immortals all while working hard to maintain her ever complicated romantic life. Bits of her past come back to haunt her and just when everything seems to be perfect more complications arise.

Georgina is a complex character. What she is, a succubus, is often a direct contrast to what she wants and how she feels, making her a demon with a heart and a conscience. It creates some interesting problems and makes for very entertaining reading.

It has been about five hours since I finished this book and closed its pages and I find that the chapters, the characters, the events, are still very much on my mind. I loved the previous books, but I am simply in awe of this one. It’s a fantastic tale, yet not one thing that happens seems unrealistic. The presence of succubae, incubi, angels and various other immortals and demons all seem so real that I no longer feel like I am reading a fantasy, or reading a book for that matter. I get lost in the pages and I think that is a sign of an excellent read and a great author.

This is one of those books I will be thinking about on and off for quite some time. Emotionally this book really put me through the paces and as a result I feel drained. I feel like I have been through everything that Georgina has this go-round and even though some of it wasn’t pleasant, I was hanging on and loving every written word. It really resonated deeply within me. Ms. Mead has a real flair for mixing the real with the unreal and making everything seem tangible. Every time I finish one of her books, she leaves me dying to dive into the next and that’s where I find myself now…impatiently.

Cherise Everhard, November 2008
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Dreams.

Vanessa I agree this was the best one so far. It's just a paranormal fantasy novel but I cannot shake the ending.

Cherise It's an amazing series, for sure. If you haven't read the 4th book yet you are in for another great book... I am dying waiting for the next one!!:)

Vanessa Thanks. I'm trying to space them out. I'm doing the same thing with the Sookie Stackhouse books.

I meant also to say your review said exactly what I thought about the book, only better expressed.

Cherise Wow! I admire your patience! I was glad I started the Sookie series late cuz that meant I could cram in one book right after another! :) I get all antsy waiting for the next ones!

Thanks so much, I appreciate it.