Natasha M's Reviews > Evelyn Vine Be Mine

Evelyn Vine Be Mine by Chelle Mitchiter

6319630
Jul 08, 12

Oh wow. This book was almost really good. When I first started reading it I was expecting a cross between "Thoughtless" and "Beautiful Disaster" and it kind of was like that just nowhere near as good as those two. I enjoyed the connection between Stone and Evie but the book moved kind of slowly for me and the author waaaaay overdid the strong, silent type thing with Stone-that's what stopped the book from becoming one of my favourites. The fact that a hundred pages into the book he had spoken a grand total of one word to her-ONE!-just seemed so ridiculous to me. The whole having conversations with their eyes thing was also silly, same for the fact that he was sleeping in her bed for days without ever talking to her. A little more communication would have made this book a 4star effort for me but I had to knock it down one star for that.

On the plus side like I said there was a really good connection between the main characters even if at times I was unsure of whether Stone really had strong feelings for Evie. The book was really good with the secondary characters as well. With most books I find it really annoying when so much time is spent on secondary characters and their stories but I really enjoyed it in this book and 90% of the dialogue came via the secondary characters anyway so they were important to the story.

All in all a nice read but more dialogue between the hero and heroine would have made it *that* much better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evelyn Vine Be Mine.