Jennifer's Reviews > The Acid House

The Acid House by Irvine Welsh

Nov 19, 08

bookshelves: owned
Recommended to Jennifer by: I saw trainspotting and decided to check out more of Irvine Wels
Recommended for: People who like raunchy humour and drug books.
Read in June, 2000, read count: 1

This book made me laugh so much. It's a bunch of short stories and there are two that really stuck out for me. In one a guy drops acid and ends up switching bodies with a baby (or thinking he did, I can't remember). The baby with his adult brain gets off on breast feeding and watching his parents have sex. The Adult with the baby brain ends up in the hospital drooling all over himself. His girlfriends visits him and everyone thinks he is messed up from the acid.
The second story that really stuck out for me was about a guy who turned into a fly. He had to watch all his friends and family as "a fly on the wall". Among other things he ended up watching his mom ram his dad up the ass with a big dildo. I won't tell you how it ends.
So yeah it was a funny book. Probably my favorite by Irvine Welsh other than Trainspotting.
This is also a movie for you lazies. The guy who plays spud in Trainspotting plays the guy in this who trades bodies with the baby.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Acid House.