Rachel's Reviews > You Take It From Here

You Take It From Here by Pamela Ribon

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction, chick-lit
Read in July, 2012

When I first heard about this book, I was intrigued by the premise. Would Danielle want to or be able to step into Smidge's shoes? I had to find out. (Don't worry, I won't spoil it for you.)

Smidge turned out to be a pretty unlikeable woman. She was bossy, rude, and presumptuous. I had a hard time understanding why Danielle was friends with her at all. Their relationship was definitely codependent. I found it to be authentic though; I know women who have friendships very similar to Danielle and Smidge.

Even though I didn't like Smidge, I still enjoyed the book. The characters were well-developed and layered. I especially loved Smidge's husband's best friend Tucker. He was comic relief and the voice of reason at the same time.

Because I am a cold-hearted snake (see my review of Skipping a Beat), this book was not a sob fest for me, although it certainly was sad. However, if you are the type who bawls at movies like Beaches, then this book will give you a good cry. I thought it was a great summer read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Take It From Here.