Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Bound By Darkness

Bound By Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Jul 12, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, paranormal-romance
Read from July 08 to 12, 2012

The Dark Lord and the impending apocalypse are coming closer to culmination. Jaelyn is the hunter who has been tasked to make sure that the Sylvermyst do not assist their former leader. The Commission expects this task to be carried out by her bringing them the Sylvermyst Prince Ariyal. Jaelyn’s task soon changes and with the changes comes the knowledge that her destiny is with Ariyal. As with any telling of futures it is cryptic and she doesn’t know exactly how she is entwined with him.

I absolutely loved that Ariyal acknowledges that Jaelyn is a fierce fighter. He has his moments where he wants her to stay safe away from the fighting, but it is because he is scared of losing her. He knows that she can kick ass and take care of herself. That is so very refreshing from the male always thinking that the female is weak and cannot defend herself.

Jaelyn and Ariyal have great banter from the moment they step onto the pages. They both accept the fact that there is more between them than just a strong attraction. Even though they recognize that there is something between them there is still my favorite part to a good romance book, the pursuit. I like a good build up to the happily ever after and Ivy did a remarkable job with these two characters relationship.

My favorite aspect of this series is that characters from previous books have significant roles in the current book. Styx and Salvatore are a major presence. I love knowing what characters that I have enjoyed reading are up to after I have read their book. I also enjoy that Ivy begins the set-up of future couples several books in advance. I can easily see Santiago getting a book soon. I find it slightly humorous that I am several years into this series and it has actually only been several months in these characters world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound By Darkness.