Book Him Danno's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on July 08, 2012

This is one of my favorite authors. I find her funny, witty, and most of all her characters are realistic in my world. Poppy is so much like some women I’ve known that I have put a composite face to her in my mind. She is sweet and non-confrontational and gets walked on a few times here and there, but she doesn’t want to rock the boat unnecessarily. I feel like that most of the time. Sam on the other hand is all business without a lot of personality to match until you get to know him. I love the way the author describes his smile, this real smile he shares only rarely. The two together are a delightful mix and the texting is a great addition for this day and age.

The crazy life that Poppy has is her doing and she knows it. She is a normal person thrown into the deep end of a life she never asked for or expected(after only a few weeks of dating.) She finds herself in need and the needed item appears and WOW…there goes her life with the twists and turns that make this author so enjoyable to read. Chick-lit at its finest- in my opinion.

Romance in this book is great, not a lot of sex, just a few suggestions that it was had and enjoyed by all that had it. I cried at the end…just a happy sap I am at times. I love books like this...great characters, crazy situations, comedy and drama mixed in unequal yet complementary parts. This is a cute, fast read well worth your time. Sophie Kinsella is an author well worth looking into. I look forward to her next and the next one after that…it is always a joy to pick up her newest and lose myself for a few hours.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.

07/08/2012 page 200
46.0% "I love this author...love love love her....such a cute book so far. It just makes me smile to read her books. ;) :) :)"
07/08/2012 page 200