Jennifer R Ricketts's Reviews > Heroes of the Dove

Heroes of the Dove by Christine E. Schulze

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: received-for-review-from-author
Read in July, 2012

I entered to win the complete collection of The Hero Chronicles on Goodreads. I didn't win, but the author sent me a pdf copy of the collection in exchange for an honest review. :)

In this third book of The Hero Chronicles, there's plenty of action and romance that kept me hooked. The characters are more developed, though I was confused as to how far along they are in school. I couldn't remember what year of school they were in during the first and second books.

In this book, it seemed like they were seniors in high school, but then I found out they're freshmen in college, although they're treated more like high school students than college students, especially when they go on a cruise for their school trip.

The backstories are a bit confusing--the characters have been in and out of different schools together in the past. Two new characters are introduced--Sarah, who is a friend of Chasmira from the past, and Eric. Both characters are interesting and fit right into the group of heroes.

There's so much action and adventure in this book; I really don't want to give anything away! Plus, a love triangle develops (I won't give away which characters are involved!), and relationships develop along with misunderstandings that had me wanting to jump in and intervene! :) Many twists surprised me along the way, and I couldn't wait to find out how things turn out.

The second book remains my personal favorite so far, but this one comes in a close second. :) I read that the author said her fourth and fifth books are even more exciting than the first three, and I'm completely pumped to get started with them!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heroes of the Dove.