Shaunda's Reviews > The First Part Last

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

F 50x66
Oct 29, 08

Recommended to Shaunda by: Lawton
Recommended for: anyone; teens, adolescents; adults
Read in September, 2008, read count: once

** spoiler alert ** The First Part Last is a very inspiring and thoughtful story. It's about a teenage boy named Bobby who gets a girl named Nia pregnant. He struggles between giving his baby up for adoption or keeping it. When Nia goes into a coma during her labor, he decides to keep it to have a part of her with him. But he still remains stressed.
I think that this story teaches kids that it isn't as easy as some may think to raise a child when you're young. Bobby still had to go to school and try to make money. This is a problem that many teens and young adults struggle with now a days. It's a reality for many, but some can just imagine.
I also think that this story would be a good story for anyone who has lost a loved one. It's inspiring to see that Bobby still tries hard to take care of his daughter and to make a life for himself even though he misses Nia. I think that no matter how hurt you are by something, if you have another person in your life to take care of, you should try and put that behind you for the time being. Especially if it's an infant. They have more needs. I think Bobby will be a good parent in the long run. It just takes time.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Part Last.

Jlawton Although you did not include quotes, I enjoyed reading your review. I thought your reflection was thorough and honest. Good work. 88/100