Kaci's Reviews > A Midsummer's Nightmare

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2012

more like a 4.5

I always live in fear that an author I have grown to really like will let me down with the next book of theirs that I read. Kody Keplinger did not let me down. I really enjoyed A Midsummer's Nightmare.

Whitley is a "bad" girl with a bad reputation. She lives for getting drunk and hooking up because she feels that that is the only time she is happy. She doesn't do friends because she has been let down too many times. I didn't think I would like Whitley but I was wrong. Her growth throughout the book really impressed me. She was real and I liked that.

Nathan. I adored him. He was a jock, a nerd, a hottie with a body, and he was nice. What more could a girl ask for? I really liked how he was with Whitley. Did he lose his cool a time or two? Yea, but who could really blame him? I mean, she sure knew how to press his buttons. His heart to heart talk with Whitley at the diner was a sweet surprise and made me like him even more if that was possible.

Harrison. He was great. I wanted him as a best friend. He wormed his way into Whitley's life and was there when she needed him. He impressed me.

There were so many real scenes in this book. I actually cried through some of it. I don't know if I was just really emotional the night I read this book or if it was just that "hard" to read. Either way, this book made me feel which is something you want in a book.

Definitely would recommend it! This book actually reminds me of Clueless in a way...and I loved Clueless!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer's Nightmare.