Jill Manske's Reviews > Between the Lines

F 50x66
Jul 11, 12

liked it
Read from July 08 to 11, 2012

You know how when one of your favorite authors comes out with a new book, you buy it, download it or check it out of the library without bothering to read the dustcover, because you know you're going to like it? Well, that's what happened with this book. Wasn't until I read the intro that I realized it's a Young Adult book, sort of a fractured fairy tale. It's about an unhappy teenaged girl who feels like a misfit and who has only one friend and no dates. She falls in love with a prince in a fairy tale, who has been trying to escape from the book. Seems the characters in this fairy tale are really actors who lead whole different lives when the book is closed. I didn't think I would like the book, but am glad I finished it. It's charming and full of hope and life lessons. The premise is very unique, and I liked that the story is told from the perspectives of the girl and the prince, as well as the actual fairy tale. I'd recommend it to any young girl, but it can also be fun for adults. Never thought Picoult would surprise me, but this one really caught me off guard. Kudos to her daughter, who definitely has a future as an author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Lines.