Anita's Reviews > Enchanted

Enchanted by S.A. Archer

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, e-books-i-own
Read in July, 2012

This is a free e-book I read over vacation. It's the third book in a series, so there's plenty of backstory missing. The part I found odd about this book is its length. It was more of a novella than a novel. There are many books in this 'verse by this author, so I'm pretty sure the author is trying to make a living using a different model than most - sort of the Dickens model of serial stories - almost a chapter at a time. It also seems that every mini-series uses a different perspective, so the effect could be quite entertaining if you really got into this author. This story didn't win me over, but I'd say there's a 50% chance that any given urban fantasy fan might like the author. Nothing wrong with the writing, it just was too little of a taste to hook me. I didn't have enough info to fall in love with the characters.

Premise: London PI has been addicted to Sidhe-touch by an unscrupulous now-dead Sidhe, so she's hunting another one to take him prisoner and supply her with the magic touch she needs to stay sane. Her plan has some holes, and everything that could go wrong, does, in really bad ways. She's fucked 6 ways to Sunday, basically. Sucks to be her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted.