Bookstorequeer's Reviews > Graveyard Shift

Jul 08, 2012

bookshelves: supernatural-misc, young-adult
Recommended for: Andrew
Read from July 08 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

I loved this book! It really pulled me in and I almost found myself trying to read more slowly because I wanted it to last. The writing was great, very smooth and well-paced. The plot was original and the characters were genuine! I like how everything tied itself together and then proceeded to tangle itself into a knot of emotion and talent. It was... It was great.

My only one problem with the book (there might've been two but I'm blanking on the second) was that I found no mention of how old Ben was. It was a little annoying (and if there was a mention of his grade, I apparently missed it). As a result, I had a little trouble fitting him into my head because I wasn't sure how much to expect him to understand, with respect to his mother and father's situation (which I'll admit I did see coming, at least the cause - and that's as spoiler-y-free as I think I can be).

So... Do you like scary books? Do you like well-written books? Do you like adventure and magic and children with talent? THEN READ IT. Trust me on this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graveyard Shift.

Claire Reading this at the moment (thank you for this one, actually). He is in eight grade - so about 12-13 years old.

Bookstorequeer Claire wrote: "Reading this at the moment (thank you for this one, actually). He is in eight grade - so about 12-13 years old."

Thanks! I did a little research after reading the book and figured it out but must have missed that line when I was reading it. Mildly frustrating but you're already ahead of me! Enjoy!!