Annejhoyce's Reviews > Risking It All

Risking It All by Jennifer  Schmidt

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: arcs-and-galleys, loved-and-hated, heartbreaking, made-me-swoon
Read from July 08 to 15, 2012

Read reviews at: www.everythingatoc.blogspot.com

Photographer Memphis Adams has always been easy with the ladies but never one to take them seriously. Kennedy Monroe was a girl all too familiar with his reputation and the fallout of being with Memphis, so despite the instant attraction for him, she want nothing to do with him at all. Until one day at a coincidental visit at the beach, Kennedy sees the other side of Memphis that softened her judgment for the boy and they've been best friends ever since.

Risking It All is a contemporary read that evokes strong emotions out of a reader, whether it's for the good or the bad. In my case, both. I live in Alaska so the little premise of falling in love at my hometown was mainly what got me excited.

I was never one to love a story that involves love triangles especially when the heroine simply cannot choose between the two. I remember reading Thoughtless and I was on the verge of pulling my hair out of exasperation. I was on the verge of that once again with Memphis & Kennedy. It's so hard because I hated what they both do to each other but at the same time, you can't help but root for both of them you know? As simple as things should have been, they both made it VERY difficult for each other.

As difficult as it might have been, the sex in this book was hot but don't think it's all mindless screwing, you can see that they bared everything they had for those moments and the emotional pull of those scenes just makes you wanna melt in a puddle of goo.

Jennifer Schmidt did an awesome job blurring the thin line between friendship and love. Sometimes you won't be able to tell which is which but I was able to FEEL the friendship and the love that Kennedy & Memphis portrayed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Risking It All.

07/08/2012 page 13
4.64% "Squee!!!! I know.. already. I am a weak woman when it comes to fictional hotties."
07/08/2012 page 13
07/08/2012 page 45
16.07% "Oh boy, here goes the drama.."
07/09/2012 page 83
29.64% "Unfortunately, there's this thing called sleep so I'll have to continue this one tomorrow."
07/14/2012 page 131
46.79% "Oh boy, the fallout consequences.. I'm not looking forward to it."
07/15/2012 page 170
60.71% "/263. Oh I wish someone would make a MOVE!"
show 1 hidden update…