Rainbow's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Jul 08, 12

Read in June, 2012

Here is what I loved about this book:

It actually tells the story it sets out to tell. I'm really starting to hate books -- love stories, especially -- that skim the surface of the story they're supposed to tell. They just say, "So these two fell passionately" in love, and you're supposed to believe it.

These characters actually talk to each other (which I loved) and get to know each other. They have friends and problems and a life that you feel like you understand.

A life at an American boarding school in Paris! Which is fascinating.

I keep thinking about certain scenes from this book, which I think means that I enjoyed it even more than I realized at the time.
383 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Sallegue And it kinda reminded me of Fangirl, which is one of my favorite YAs. :)

message 2: by Guide (new)

Guide Montagne Good Afternoon From TOUBKAL I am from in High Atlas Morocco I Mountain guide www.toubkal.es or my facebook is (( https://www.facebook.com/asqarrayb

♛yasmine♛ this is exactly what i thought about it, i seriously enjoyed it alot ♥

Amanda Thank you! So many people say that Anna is stupid, however, I don't think they take into consideration it was meant to be a love story. Everything about the book was suppose to have Anna and Étienne end up together.
They took the time to get together. They became friends first. They talked all the time. They worked through problems together. They didn't have a toxic relationship, unlike many "hot" YA couples.

Mikaia when I read it the first time I thought it was okay...but then I went through a pile of insta love rubbish and came back to this and realized the value of actual conversations about mutual interests which is apparently not important in the so called contemporary new adult age where love is jumping each other's bones...and also it lead me to Fangirl which i think reminded me of Anna & the french kiss.

Inês  Louro I completely agree. Anna and St Clair actually got to know each other before falling in love, it didn't happen without reason, like in many books. But I cannot compare it to Fangirl since I saw myself in Cath, making it one of my favorite books ever