jD's Reviews > The Ripple Effect

The Ripple Effect by J.A. Saare

Aug 03, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, 2012_5-stars, 2_kindle_own, fantasy_angels-demons, fantasy_ghost, fantasy_urban, fantasy_vamps
Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

Rhiannon and Gabriel aka Disco rock! This book was a wild ride. Rhiannon must deal with the Ripple Effect of saving Disco's life in the previous book. It seems that Karma is a bitch wanting a life for a life or several of them by the time all was said and done.

The level of action in this book kept me from putting it down. I started during my morning rush in and sucked it down when I got home. It was worth being up until 2am. It felt sooooo good to be entangled in a story that barely left me time to take a breath.

I love the characters and the complexity of each story thread. This installment however did something that I had not expected. I cried. More than once. There were some raw scenes that ripped me to pieces and made this series go up several levels in my opinion.

The demons, angels, vampires, and shifters are on a collision course by the end of this book that will make or break the series. I can only hope J.A. Saare does not go commercial and muck it up by softening the charcters or their challenges in upcoming books.

The love story between Rhiannon and Disco starts out in a bad place after he ripped her mind in the previous book. She could not forgive him although she wanted to. While she took her sweet time to sort out her feelings, danger was coming at her fast. There was a serial killer she needed to catch so she could use him as a sacrefice to save an hell-trapped angel. She also had Disco's sire and and demon lord on her case over Sucker, the demon killing knife. Ethan's friendship and loyality became suspect. Jenny, her sister is pulled into the story in a very bad way. Most of all, the situation with Paine became more tangled than a bucket of worms. Much blood is spilled in this one and it leaves Rhiannon broken.

I am greatful the book ended on a new horizon not a cliffhanger. That would have been very bad indeed. I am committed to read the next one on it's release day not a minute later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ripple Effect.