Anita's Reviews > Monster Vice

Monster Vice by George P. Saunders

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: didn-t-like-much, did-not-finish, e-books-i-own, too-violent, urban-fantasy
Read in July, 2012

I do not like this author's writing style. I think he was going for hard-boiled crime-fighter, but instead, he delivered depressing potty-mouth cynic. I felt no sympathy for the main character, even when the cop was forced to kill his own brother in the first chapter. (The brother is a minister who was turned into a werewolf.) The obscenities were incredibly strange and misplaced. It seemed like a story written by someone with Tourette's. (And I don't mind obscenity; it should just make sense in the context of the story. This doesn't.)

Premise: It's a while after 9/11, and all of the sudden, demons, ghouls, weres, vamps - every bump in the night baddy - has come out of the closet to plague us, and the hero of this story is on the Monster Vice department of the LAPD.

I got this as a free e-book and have stopped reading at 4% in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster Vice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April Thanks for your input, I got this book free as well along with another monstrosity by this author (The Last Harem), but thought maybe it was his coauthor that made the last book so bad. I'm thinking I will just delete Monster Vice and save myself the eye pain.