Michael Jenkins's Reviews > The Last of Her Kind

The Last of Her Kind by Sigrid Nunez

Aug 08, 12

Read from August 06 to 08, 2012

I really hate to give this book a one, but my dislike of it did not prompt me to give me a higher rating. My biggest pet peeve with authors is that they add characters that is not relevant to the story, they are just characters that prance around having a story of their own. It grates me to read a book that started out so strong, but end so terribly. Ann and Georgette friendship was the best thing about this book, enjoyed reading about how different they were in terms of how they were raised, intelligence and the ups and downs of their life. On the other hand, after I got to part two, the author introduced brand new characters that was not even contributing to the story! The story about friendship, turned into something entirely different. Needless say I gave up reading and did not bother finishing it.

I hate it when an author fails with consistency. Ann and Georgette was the only memorable characters, too bad I did have the patience to see how their story ended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last of Her Kind.

08/07/2012 page 96