Crystal Gale's Reviews > Emblaze

Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington

Jul 10, 12

Read from July 08 to 10, 2012

Okay, this is the 3rd book already and it seems the 4th one will come out on September 2012 so 2 more months before I can read the next installment. And according to the author's website, she doesn't know if she will make this a part of 5 or 6 books or stick with the 4 book saga.

For my review on Emblaze, I still don't know if it arise because of the quality of the grammar etc or because of the writing style. It's so hard for me to actually finish this fast. I usually finish a book in one sitting but it took me 2 days for this one because I get bored so I wander around surfing the net then come back to the story again.

I find it hard to live in the head of Violet Eden. I think I would prefer to be inside Steph's head instead. Violet's head is just full of self pity, indecisiveness and I-love-him-so-much-but-we-can't drama that it gets infuriating at times.

I'm not hating on her but I hoped she matured throughout the 3 books because she had experienced a lot after being Grigori but it seems that she's stuck to being a regular love crazed teenager rebelling because her mom made her who she is and it resulted in a situation where she can't freely love the man she chose.

Anyway, hoping the next book is better and it gives a good story. This book is becoming predictable and boring.

Note: My fave character is Phoenix cos he has a well-rounded personality. You know that he is torn from what he wants and what he needed to do. And you can feel emotions from him. It was so nice seeing a glimpse of what he thinks and feel in this book :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emblaze.