Amber at Fall Into Books's Reviews > All You Never Wanted

All You Never Wanted by Adele Griffin

Oct 08, 12

Read from July 08 to October 08, 2012

I may have enjoyed this novel more if I had actually been able to stomach any of the characters. As it stands, I finished this simply to see how it ended, but I didn't enjoy it. The writing wasn't bad, which is why I rated this with a D instead of an F. I just didn't enjoy the subject matter or the characters at all. I thought this would be different than it was. Fans of depressing contemporary will probably love this. I, however, did not.

One of my complaints with these characters is the binary aspect of it. Thea is an intelligent character who is more comfortable with a book than a group of people. However, as she discovers her sister's life, she wants to steal it from her basically. It's disgusting, if you ask me. Of course no one asked me, so I guess that doesn't matter. But since it's my blog, it's kind of like I'm being asked, so I'm telling. Alex is a bit whiny and over dramatic, in my opinion. I didn't like her much either, and I certainly didn't buy her love for Xander.

The plot was different, but I just didn't like it. I don't like lies and jealousy and the like to the degree that they're exhibited here. I don't like them at all, but at least in books they normally make for a good story. Not in this case. Thea just did one crappy thing after another, and I kind of hated her a lot.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this story to people who don't like reading from a brat's perspective. Or in this case, two brats' perspectives.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Never Wanted.