Laura's Reviews > Kiss Crush Collide

Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

Jul 08, 2012

Read from July 08 to 22, 2012

Once again, I was drawn in by the cover. I also think the title Kiss Crush Collide is great. I was a little uncertain about picking this up because I had read some disappointing reviews, but I thought it was well done. It wasn’t a page-turner, but I didn’t lose interest either. I took my time reading it and I enjoyed every page.

Leah is a great character. I loved her from the beginning, even if she was mean to Valerie or not very fair to Porter. At least she recognized her own unhappiness. It would have been so easy for her to just fall into the path laid out by her mother and sisters. I respected that she chose to go her own way, even if she struggled with that choice. Porter was a mystery to me throughout most of the book. I liked him. He was easy-going and funny. He was everything that Leah had never had. I think the mystery was due to Leah’s projection of who he was. Her own insecurity made her worry that he was someone different. Still, she enjoyed his company and its promise of something different. By the end, I adored them. Valerie has a small role, but an important one. She helped Leah a good bit, and I decided I liked her long before Leah did.

This book is has less to do with a strong plot and more to do with Leah becoming herself. I would definitely classify it as a coming-of-age story. Leah has a seemingly perfect life. She’s naturally smart. She can easily fall into the homecoming queen position. Non of that is really enough though because it’s all been done before by her sisters and probably her mother. She wants her own life, not the one they’ve planned for her. I thought her journey was told perfectly.

Kiss Crush Collide is a great coming-of-age story with a perfect dose of summer romance. It’s worth the read. I recommend it to lovers of contemporary YA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Crush Collide.

07/14/2012 page 150