Bea's Reviews > The Making of a Counter Culture: The Making of a Counter Culture: Reflections on the Technocratic Society and Its Youthful Opposition

The Making of a Counter Culture by Theodore Roszak

Dec 01, 12

Read from July 08 to December 01, 2012

Forty years ago this seemed much more important in illustrating that some grown-ups "got" what we thought we were dealing with. It's rather a disappointment now, though as a description of what people who were in close touch with the "baby boomers" as they grew up believed about their society and their future. This is important because we're suffering the hangovers from that time, our politicians are those who grew up breathing the atmosphere in which peace-and-love and sex-and-drugs-and-rock n' roll and protest-marches all existed.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Making of a Counter Culture.

09/16/2012 "Re-reading this 40 years later is rather difficult, especially the parts where the author treats his idea of where the trends he thought he observed were taking us."
11/05/2012
10.0% "This was much more interesting and convincing 40 years ago."
12/01/2012
10.0% "I give up, I just cannot revisit this, however much I believe that a lot of this country's leadership is stuck in the 70s thinking."