Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > Great Hexpectations

Great Hexpectations by H.P. Mallory

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from July 07 to 09, 2012

I went straight on to this book after completing the last expecting an equally enjoyable read. Unfortunately, although the writing style hadn't changed - so was still an easy and captivating read - the storyline took a turn at the end that left me feeling cold.

Now, I'm not exactly sure why, but it was as though I could see the writing on the wall and I didn't want to read the words right to the end. Silly, because I should have faith in this author to have a solution up her sleeve.

But try as I might I just can't make myself read the next in the series after completing this one. I just don't want to see the havoc Dulcie's decision is going to create.

To top it off, although the style was still similar to previous instalments, this story just lacked that edge-of-your-seat feeling and therefore, I began to drift away from Dulcie.

I haven't ruled out revisiting her world again, but I'm going to take a break and try for something a little light-hearted in the meantime.

So, not as good as the last instalment for me, but still a very good read in and of itself. This one gets a 6/10: "Good light-weight read, well done" on the NBRS>

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Great Hexpectations.