Leah's Reviews > The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez

U_50x66
Jul 13, 12

Read from July 12 to 13, 2012

I loved this book! I was a bit skeptical with the "American woman goes to Kabul, Afghanistan in the middle of a war and opens a coffee shop" at first, but it worked for this story line. I thought the characters were believable and likeable.

So many books now about the Middle East are non-fiction, and frankly, you know that they are going to be depressing and sad and try to pull at your heart strings. Since this is a work of fiction, you can read freely without wondering what horrible catastrophe is going to happen to hurt the characters that you have gotten to know, and you can just enjoy the story for what it is. And thank you for a happy ending.

I like Ms. Rodriguez' writing style, and I was hooked from the beginning of the book. Always a plus for me. I hate it when it takes 50, 60, or even 100 pages to get into the story.

So there. A charming story with loveable characters and a happy ending all set in the war torn city of Kabul. Definately looking forward to reading more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul.

07/12/2012 page 240