Fiona's Reviews > A Girl Like You

A Girl Like You by Maria Geraci

Jul 07, 12

Read on October 19, 2012, read count: 1

Rating: 3.25
Overall impression: This was nice to read, but not something I would read again, unless it involved more of her future relationship.

What I liked:
≈She introduces herself as a 5-out-of-10-looking person
≈The unimportant characters are great
≈She explains who is who explicitly and the side characters (although kind of numerous) are really easy to keep track of, due to their interesting stories

What I disliked:
≈The main story was less interesting than everyone else's
≈Sometimes I couldn't tell whether the plot was centered around getting her article or getting her guy (it's supposed to be centered around her, that much I'm sure)
≈Personality- I can't find much of it. I get a bit from her actions, but not really what drives her. Although, she seems to think that she over-analyzes too much and that her mothers have influenced her with their kindness, intelligence, etc., I don't really see her as a person I would know in real life. Basically, she's just another character.
≈She went through most of the book being in a relationship with one guy although originally crushing on another. Then when her relationship ended, she kissed her boss (her previous crush). When she realizes she doesn't like him/he's a tool, she's into another co-worker by the end of the book. As for her co-worker- even if the guy appeared through the book, she barely started showing interest in him until the last few pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl Like You.