Bruce Snell's Reviews > 11th Hour

11th Hour by James Patterson

Jul 07, 2012

liked it
Read from July 06 to 08, 2012

Book number 11 in the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson. This is the best book in the series thus far, although that is an exceedingly low bar. In the past I have said I would not read any more books in this series, but I continue to do so mostly because I hate to give up - I have so much time invested already that I hate to quit when there is any chance that the series might get better.

Lindsay Boxer is assigned to two cases simultaneously - the discovery of seven severed heads (minus bodies) found buried in the garden of a movie star; and, the serial murders of several local drug dealers by a vigilante the press has named Revenge. And while she is working on those cases, a pregnant Lindsay is dealing with marital problems (entirely her fault, and exacerbated by her refusal to speak to her husband about the problem).

The problems with this book are multiple: the characters are two dimensional and poorly drawn; the plots are weak and not at all compelling; and, the police work is imaginary. And, this is the best in the series so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11th Hour.

GABC Not sure if I want to finish this book, guess I was hooked on the Alex Cross series, not thrilled with the Woman's Murder Club.