Robert's Reviews > Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion

Influence by Robert B. Cialdini

Jul 28, 12

Read from July 07 to 29, 2012

I love these sorts of books the delve into the human psyche and attempt to explain why we do things. If you read this book you will certainly learn something about human nature and most likely it will something you didn't appreciate.

Better understanding why people do things and how others attempt to use human nature against us can only better equip you to deal with these attempts to influence you. The book is easy to read and follows naturally from subject to subject. It is certainly engaging all the way through and the only criticism I could make is that I found the booked ended too soon. I would have liked to seen a little more development of the material already covered but it was certainly more than adequate.

If you like understand why people do the things they do then book is certainly for you. It will show you how easily we all can be influenced and what triggers these responses in us. If you are in business then this book will help you better understand how you can use influence to improve your bottom line. If you are not in business then the book is still a very worthwhile read as the impact of influence is all around us and impacting us everywhere we go. Understanding the basics is going to make it much easier for you to be in control rather than surrendering to automatic responses programmed into our nature.

In summary, a very entertaining and enlightening book that anyone who interested in what us tick will find interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Influence.