Kindle Gal's Reviews > All He Ever Needed

All He Ever Needed by Shannon Stacey

Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, read-in-2012, genre-contemporary-romance, read-for-blog, arc
Read from July 13 to 26, 2012

Oh, Mitch… You are one charming S.O.B.

Book 4 of the Kowalski series is Mitch’s story, who we briefly met in Yours to Keep (he’s Sean’s oldest brother and cousin to Joe and Kevin). Mitch is back home in the small town of Whitford, Maine to lend a helping hand while his younger brother Josh, who runs the family lodge, recovers from a leg injury. Mitch doesn’t come home often. In fact, it’s been years since he last stepped foot in Whitford. Chalk it up to small-town-itis. Mitch feels claustrophobic around all the meddling townsfolk, and he especially dislikes that no one sees him as the successful businessman he’s become away from Whitford; instead, they still see him as the kid who liked to stir up trouble with his brothers and the teen who had girls “kissing and telling.” Mitch’s plan is to stay six weeks max.

Paige made Whitford her home two years prior as the new owner of the diner in town. Unlike Mitch, she loves the small-town life she’s made for herself there and would never dream of leaving. Of course, Paige has heard stories of the infamous Mitch Kowalski, mostly surrounding his “love ‘em and leave ‘em” conquests, but she’s not interested in going there. Or so she keeps telling herself. Repeatedly. Paige is bound and determined to not turn into her mother who chases after men and love like it’s going out of style. But you can’t blame the poor girl for having difficulty sticking to her self-imposed celibacy plan once she meets Mitch. He sets his sights on her almost immediately and lays on the charm thick.

There is an instant attraction between Mitch and Paige, and the author does a fantastic job of fueling their chemistry while keeping them from falling into bed together. In fact, the first kiss doesn’t happen for a loooong time, but when it does—oh man—it is pure perfection!

My only complaint with the story is how Mitch defines their relationship as nothing more than a good time until he leaves town and how easily Paige accepts this and his hot/cold attitude once the fling is “on.” There were too many mind games for my liking played at this point, which was a bit of a turn-off for me.

Otherwise, I really, really enjoyed ALL HE EVER NEEDED and found it to be exactly what I expect from a Shannon Stacey book: Sexy fun with tons of wit, great dialogue, laugh-out-loud moments, and secondary characters you want to learn more about. If you are a fan of small-town romance, pick this one up. You will not be disappointed!

Rating: B+ (4.5 stars)

P.S. I am completely intrigued by Katie and Josh! Why, oh why can’t that be the next book??

ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All He Ever Needed.

07/17/2012
07/18/2012
14.0% "Love that Paige went to the library for smexy books. :-)"
07/19/2012
31.0% "Love that Paige is bookish. :-)"
07/21/2012
47.0% "Such a perfect first kiss! *sighs...*"
07/22/2012
67.0% "Already intrigued by Ryan Kowalski!"
07/24/2012
86.0% "Rosie's great, but she isn't nearly as awesome as Mrs. K."
07/26/2012
100.0% "Another great Kowalski story!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nicole Helm Now I am even MORE jealous of you.

message 2: by Kindle Gal (last edited Sep 29, 2012 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kindle Gal Nicole wrote: "Now I am even MORE jealous of you."

I know, it's out of control!

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Kristi - this sounds like a great book! Its going on my TBR!! I love LOVE LOVE books that make me laugh! There's so much seriousness going on in romances that its nice to get some chuckles in there!! Thanks for the amazing review!! :)