Kristina's Reviews > Burning Emerald

Burning Emerald by Jaime Reed

Aug 08, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads, 2012-goal-60
Read from July 26 to August 08, 2012

One of the things I liked most about the first book is that there wasn't a second love interest. Book two, enter second love interest. Strangely enough though it was pulled off in a way that isn't the norm in most YA novels lately, and I found myself still eager to keep reading.

I don't want to give anything away, but because of events in the first book, Samara, the main character, doesn't always have full control of what she does. This new love interest (whom Samara wants nothing to do with) is connected to the part of her she can't control, so in a way it is and isn't a new love interest. Samara wants nothing to do with him, but he continues to force himself into her life.

I know, I know, it seems confusing. Read the first book and you'll want to read this one, then it will all make sense, and if you are into paranormal YA novels, you won't regret it because it isn't your average vampire/werewolf/angel YA novel, none of those guys have a place here.

And on a side note: AHHH! How can you end a novel that way!!! I'll be biting my nails until Fading Amber is released!

*** I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads ***
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Emerald.

07/28/2012 page 23