Araxi's Reviews > Love Unscripted

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

Jul 13, 2012

did not like it
Read from July 07 to 12, 2012

Ok so what is with the high ratings Goodreads?? I have never felt so let down by reviews and I'm still struggling to understand the love for this book.

Love Unscripted was like, literary blue balls. The book is 670 pages long and there is no climax to the story until about 85% into the book. What the hell?!?! You could have pulled about 300 pages and it wouldn't have affected the story at all. It was torture, but I felt like it wouldn't be fair to write a review, to warn my friends unless I saw the book through. I love you friends, but I won't be doing that again. The book progressed so slowly and the same things were reiterated over and over "hes famous why would he want to be with me" "he will find someone else" "will i be enough" OK ALREADY! The characters are pretty hip and young, Taryn owns a pub and he is a famous actor, so why the crap referring to each other as sweetheart and honey?? I could overlook it once or twice but this is how they spoke throughout the book.

As slow as the book progressed, there were events in the story that were so rushed, and sloppy that I actually had to go back thinking I accidentally skipped over pages. This happened often. Also, I am a huge fan of exclamation points, I dont apologize for that but even I thought they were so grossly over used, so much so that I was starting to think that Ryan was actually Armenian and just spoke loudly like we do ;) Done. I cant even go on there is so much wrong with this book I could probably go on forever and right now Im sort of pissed. lol Maybe I should have waited a few days to calm down.

I know authors put their heart and soul into books and I hate to leave such a terrible review but I seriously felt like I wasted the last three days of my life in this book and I just want to make sure my friends dont lose any precious reading time.
51 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Unscripted.

07/10 page 320
48.0% "This book is way to long and drawn out. I feel like its never going to end!"
07/12 page 550
82.0% "I hate this book with a passion"
02/25 marked as: read

Susan Oh No...I am just reading it now. Bought it last night.

Araxi LOL good luck. Who knows though maybe you will turn around and think its the greatest. Wit hall the reviews I seem to be in the minority of people who hated this book.

Deborah I'm at about 80%, so it's great to know there's something coming. I was super tempted not to finish it. Mind-numbing documentary on stardom...

message 4: by Marina (new)

Marina Harlow That's how I felt about Bella Forrest's A Shade of Vampire. About a million 5-star reviews and the book was such garbage that I almost couldn't believe it. Thanks for this review - I think I'll skip this series for now. :)