Katelyn Strickland's Reviews > 52 Reasons to Hate My Father

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read from August 09 to 10, 2012

Super cute book :)

Lexi may be spoiled, cranky, meddlesome, and at times annoying -- but she's also compassionate and pretty darn hilarious at times.

Lexi is an heiress to a media empire created by her never-present father, and needless to say she's had a life filled with everything a girl could ever ask for-- except for a real family.
The only family member she can even talk to is her brother Cooper who is half way across the World, with the peace corps. Hardly easy to get in touch with.

We first meet Lexi right after she crashes her brand new Mercedes into a convenience store. Since this isn't her first offense, her father -seeming to not know how to deal with her- gives her an ultimatum: in order to receive her $25 million trust fund, she must complete 52 odd jobs. Each for a week at a time, to make up an entire year. If she refuses, or doesn't take it seriously enough -- she forfeits the money and she's on her own.

It's a rough start at first, as was to be expected, but she eventually starts to make the best of it.

Luke, the intern with the killer abs (I'm thinking he did the shirt change in front of her on purpose... Just saying) is a nice addition to the story. His attitude is a polar opposite from Lexi's - a good contrast to her.

I feel like this should be a video log instead :)
What did I learn from this reading experience?
Hmm, that everyone has to start from somewhere, and eventually everyone finds a place they truly belong :)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.