Sarah's Reviews > Along the Way: Lessons for an Authentic Journey of Faith

Along the Way by Randy Hain

Nov 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-list
Read from May 21 to 24, 2012

Randy Hain is the man who brought us The Catholic Briefcase (which I enjoyed a lot).

He's someone I've gotten to know a bit over the last couple of years, and he has earned my respect. I can't help but relate as he writes about conversion and evangelization and his worst moments in his new book, Along the Way: Lessons for an Authentic Journey of Faith.

How often have you looked at yourself and wondered? Why? Why do I bother? What's the point?

Conversion isn't just a moment in time (which is why those of us who are "converts" aren't really better Catholics). It's a journey.

Randy has lassoed that journey into chapters and he takes his readers for a ride. It's not a roller coaster, but it it's far from boring.

If you find yourself struggling or tempted to give up, this is a book for you. If you just want to be D.O.N.E. with conversion already, this is a book for you. If you want a healthy dose of real life and practice advice (humor, no extra charge), this is a book for you.

Reading this book will not only be enjoyable, it will make you a better Catholic.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along the Way.