Steven's Reviews > Matt Forbeck's Brave New World: Revolution

Matt Forbeck's Brave New World by Matt Forbeck

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: booksbyfriends, urban-contemporary, super-heroes
Read from July 07 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

Anyone who thought Austin Grossman's SOON I WILL BE INVINCIBLE was the best supers-story they'd read in narrative form should read this and learn that Matt Forbeck can write far more engaging stories.

Great narrative of wonderful (but darker than my usual forte, to be honest) characters that makes me wonder if Matt Forbeck can carve out the sub-niche of "superban fantasy." After all, lumping all supers stories into science fiction never seems right to me.

In any case, this was a great read and I was proud to be one of Matt's backers on Kickstarter. I'll confess I found it easier to read the print copy of the novel over the e-version, and be warned this is a page-turner.

There were times I wish I found myself wishing to read this as a graphic novel, but Matt's deftness with balancing action & description made it almost unnecessary. Still, when one of the antagonists gets his just desserts, I really wanted to see the smug s.o.b. taken down.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matt Forbeck's Brave New World.