Sarah (Catching Books)'s Reviews > Wake

Wake by Amanda Hocking

Jul 14, 12

Read from July 07 to 13, 2012

I've been on a mermaid kick since the beginning of last week..they are great books to read at the beach! Wake definitely was a really great beach read..it has action, romance, suspense and mystery!

What I really loved about this book was the relationship between Gemma and her sister Harper. You can really see how strong their bond is throughout the novel-even when Gemma starts to become distant. Harper really cares about her sister and will do anything to protect her. While they both are complete opposites-Harper being a rule follower and very protective of her sister-and Gemma being more carefree and daring-they really do compliment each other and I loved seeing their relationship throughout this book! The romance in this book definitely was cute! Nothing too serious..but it was still nice to read about! I liked seeing how Gemma and Alex's relationship grew throughout the novel! Harper's relationship with Daniel was really sweet! It doesn't really progress to anything more in this book but I am hoping to see them together more in the next book!

The plot of this book was kind of predictable in my opinion..while it definitely had my favorite elements of a paranormal romance book, I was kind of disappointed when I felt like I knew what was going to happen next. Some parts where really predictable and I wish that there was a little bit more suspense to Wake! The siren mythology in this book definitely was interesting and I am hoping we can learn more about it in the next book! I also kinda wanted to learn a little bit more about Penn, Lexi, and Thea..we do get to see a glimpse in their past but I am also hoping for more in the next book!

Overall, I enjoyed reading Wake! It's the perfect Siren book to read at the beach this summer..make sure to check it out!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.