MelissaB's Reviews > The Sicilian's Christmas Bride

Nov 17, 10

bookshelves: christmas-romance, kindle, 2010-reads, harlequin
Read on November 17, 2010

** 3 1/2 stars **

I enjoyed reading this Harlequin Presents because it was drama filled and kept my interest. The hero was a jerk most of the book, he was borderline too rough sometimes and was a complete ass and self-absorbed but he was also sort of magnetic and compelling. There is a secret baby theme but I didn't really blame the heroine at first for not telling him because he was such a jerk but she should have told him earlier than she did. Also, the kid was only 2 when he found out about her, I have more trouble forgiving the mom when the kid is old enough to ask where their daddy is. The story had a revenge theme at first (although the hero had no real reason to need revenge except in his own self-absorbed head) which for some reason is a favorite trope of mine in Presents books - lots of drama always ensues when the inevitably innocent heroine learns about the hero's duplicity.

So this fulfilled my Presents needs of drama, quick exciting storyline, asshole rich and studly hero and the nice heroine who was hurt by him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sicilian's Christmas Bride.

11/17/2010 page 2
1.0% "This description of the hero cracks me up: "He was, as more than one woman had whispered, beautiful. He was tall and leanly muscled, with the hard body of an athlete, the face of Michelangelo's David and the reputation of being as exciting in the bedroom as he was formidable in the bedroom." How could anyone resist such a specimen?" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Funny review, Melissa. I love the revenge theme. I'm all about the HP drama, as you know!

MelissaB Danielle,

When you read an HP, you expect (and want!) drama. This one met that expectation. The hero does get nicer for the middle part of the story so he doesn't stay completely in jerk-land.

Those revenge themes are great!

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Great review Melissa!

MelissaB I made the hero sound like a real peach, didn't I?

message 5: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully LOL, as opposed to every other HP hero out there?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Sandra Marton heroes are usually pretty cruel. I don't especially love a cruel hero, and I can tolerate them, but some of hers are hard for me to swallow.

I get disappointed when I read a HP book and there isn't a lot of drama. :)

MelissaB So true. But...several women whisper about how beautiful he is....and his prowress in the bedroom is as legendary as his boardroom skills.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Oh, that's kind of annoying when the hero is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread that all the women want him, and he's a jerk!

MelissaB I think the ladies just wanted his money

message 10: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully I know I do!

message 11: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina "The hero was a jerk most of the book, he was borderline too rough sometimes and was a complete ass and self-absorbed but he was also sort of magnetic and compelling."

There you go, Melissa, speaking like a true HP heroine who can't but love the asshat hero. LOL!

MelissaB Yep. He kept acting like an asshat then getting mad when the heroine wanted him to leave then kissing her until she melted. True Love in HP-landia!