Debbie 's Reviews > Creed

Creed by Kristen Ashley

Review posted on Talk Supe

5++++++++ Stars!!!!

"Tucker Creed, my first love, my protector, my savior. My betrayer."

In an effort to get away from the 'words' and the violent fighting between her Daddy and stepmother, six year old Sylvie Bissenette runs away from her Kentucky home and meets eleven year old Tucker Creed in the woods. After meeting they quickly form a bond and seek each other out when home life becomes too much for them to handle. Over the next decade, Sylvie and Creed eventually fall in love and decide that on Sylvie's 18th birthday, they would escape their hometown and start a new life together. On the day they were suppose to leave, Creed never shows up and Sylvie is left to think that he has left and abandoned her.

Sixteen years later, Sylvie and Creed meet each other again when Sylvie's current boss, Knight Sebring, partners her up with Creed for a job to find a mole within Knight's organization. Obviously, their initial reunion isn't a happy one and Sylvie is not ready to confront the man she's loved for over two decades and believes betrayed her. Creed argues with Sylvie that they won't be able to have a trusting working partnership if she's not willing to talk about their history. Overtime, each learns what happens to each other after Creed disappeared. While Sylvie had believed this whole time Creed had just abandoned her, she finds out that he didn't just walk out of her life but was forced out. Creed learns that the decision he'd made sixteen years ago to keep Sylvie safe actually ends up bringing her years of pain and suffering. As they slowly discover that neither actually lived the life they had believed to be, Sylvie and Creed rekindle the flame on the torche they'd been carrying for each other after all these years.

"I'm not what you want, Sylvie, I get that because it's the same for you as it is for me. I'm not what you want 'cause I'm what you need."

Creed is the second book in Ashley's Unfinished Hero series and although I loved the first book in the series, Knight, Creed was just so much better in my opinion. The overall story and characters stole my heart and I was glued to the pages of this book until the very end. Creed isn’t your typical romance book. Kristen Ashley unfolds Creed and Sylvie's story by weaving in their backstory through a series of flashbacks beginning from the time they meet to when they're seperated. The heroine isn’t a damsel in distress. Sylvie drinks, smokes, and speaks her mind. There’s nothing frilly about her and she’s lived a rough life, which in my opinion gives her the right to be abrasive and a complete badass. She's the antithesis of the typical romance heroine and I wouldn't change one thing about her. As for the hero, Creed, he is the essence of badassness. The scar he carries on his face shows how rough of a life he’s lived. Like Sylvie, he’s very upfront and honest. His career choice isn’t something society might find acceptable but he lives by his own rules without being a total bad guy. He's sexy, gruff, stubborn, extremely bossy but has a heart of gold. He totally stole my heart and I am calling dibs on him because I want him to be my new #1 guy. Seriously, just thinking about him makes me weak in the knees.

Sylvie and Creed are pretty awesome by themselves but together they are HOT. The instant they set eyes on each other again their chemistry was off the charts. From the get go you just knew that these two individuals were meant to be together. I loved seeing Sylvie try to fight off her undying love for Creed but knowing the whole time that he's made a permanent mark on her heart and soul. Creed's instinctive need to protect Sylvie is something to admire and even though he's bossy you just know he does what he does because this woman is his world. I loved how they worked on integrating their lives to start a new one.

“Then and now, beautiful, I’ll take you any way you come to me … Any way. I love this Sylvie, I loved that Sylvie. I just love you, baby.”

OMG the epilogue! Talk about a fantastic epilogue. I've been told by a lot of folks that Kristen Ashley writes some pretty epic epilogues. Well, I have to agree with them all. Creed's epilogue was absolutely beautiful, touching, fulfilling and perfect. After all of Creed and Sylvie's struggles throughout the years their story couldn't have ended on a more perfect note. After putting the book down I was able to walk away with a smile on my face knowing Creed and Sylvie really will have that happily ever after that we all dream and hope for.

"Some people get to live life. Some people survive it. We're survivors. We can carve out our own pieces of happy, and I swear to God, baby right now, you got my vow, for you and for me, the rest of our lives, I'll bust my ass to carve our piece of happy."

When I was reading this book I was right there with the characters feeling the raw and realistic emotions that Ashley had laid out. From the time they met as young kids to the very end, I felt like I had made the journey with these two characters. I loved having the story switch back and forth between past and present. As much as I loved the chemistry between Sylvie and Creed as adults, their childhood flashbacks were just as poignant. Being there with them right from the beginning really allowed me to form a connection with their characters. And I think that’s what I loved most about this book. I wasn’t just reading about two badass people rekindling their relationship but witnessing two individuals who complete each other in every way and witness how true and strong the power of love can really be.

Pardon my language but Creed was f*cking good! It's been almost 2 days since I finished this book and I still cannot get Creed off my mind. I loved every part of it. I loved the heroine. I loved the hero. I loved their story. I loved their struggles. And I loved the happily ever after. I love, loved, loved it all. This book was simply fantastic and Kristen Ashley has just carved her spot in my favorite authors list with this book. Creed was worth every penny and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in Raid’s book.

6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creed.

6.0% "Sylvie is one BAAAAAAD ass bitch. I love her!"
19.0% "The writing in this is so much better than Knight. Creed feels a little more raw. Realistic. Totally digging this!" 6 comments
25.0% "My emotions are like a jigsaw puzzle right now. Creed and Sylvie what are you doing to me!" 3 comments
39.0% "Creed and Sylvie….you're killing me softly. The flashbacks. OMFG the flashbacks!"
53.0% "I'm simply amazed by Creed. *swoons*"
59.0% "Creed makie pizookie's. I'm totally in love with the man too."
59.0% ""Can't be shy when pizookie is on the line" <-- Making this my life motto."
68.0% "Oh Yeah. Things are about to get steamy. Creed just brought out the massaging oil :)"

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I loved this book! How are you finding it?

Debbie I had to put it down for a bit but I'm really liking Sylvie. I love how badass she is. I like the flashbacks thats happened so far and I'm really looking forward to their story. I've got myself strapped in for a good ride.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) How come you had to put it down? Yeah I liked Sylvie, she is bit different then her usual heroines which was a nice change.

Debbie Because I'm reading it while at work so I had to put it down to actually work. LOL.

This is only the second Ashley book that I've read (I have a few of her dream man book, just haven't gotten to them yet) but I really like how the heroine is very anti-heroine.

I'm trying to read as much and as fast as I can but I don't want it to end so soon. I really love Creed and Sylvie and Creed and Sylvie together.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, work shmerk, Creed is definitely the priority!

Oh you should definitely start we Dream Man series, they are good, although I admit the first one isn't a favourite of mine, but the rest I loved. I Kia got a teensy bit obsessed after reading the, and ended up reading almost everything she has ever published lol!