Lyn's Reviews > Sit, Stay, Slay

Sit, Stay, Slay by Linda O. Johnston

F 50x66
Jul 07, 12

I own a copy

After a scandal at her law firm, Kendra Ballentyne’s license to practice law is suspended. In danger of losing her upscale Los Angeles home, she is forced to rent to a former reality show alumnus contestant. Kendra moves into the maid’s quarters.

The owner of Doggy Indulgence Pet Resort frequented by Lexie, her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, recommends her for a job with his animal owning clients. In need of money and to keep from watching her new renters trash her home, Kendra agrees to a live-in pet-sitting gig. At least she can make some money while she rethinks what happened to her career, and she can take Lexie can keep her company.

Her first position is for sexy detective Jim Hubbard. She can take care of other animals while she house-sits his Akita. Her next job is a former law client. He returns home sooner than expected and when Kendra arrives to feed his black mutt, she finds him murdered.

Shortly afterwards another of her clients is killed. Since Kendra is the only suspect the investigating detective has, she finds herself doing some sleuthing herself – with the help of the sexy detective.

I’m an animal lover and I enjoy finding a new series with pets playing a major or even small role in the plots. So far, Kendra Ballentyne hasn’t won me over, but I’ll probably give her a second chance by reading the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sit, Stay, Slay.