Melissa Rochelle's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: read-2012, scifi-fantasy, short-stories, omnibus
Read from July 07 to 09, 2012

Knowing that this was originally published (and is still available as) five novellas/short stories, I'm having a difficult time rating it as a whole.

Wool -- 5 stars. A GREAT story. I can understand why fans wanted more.

Wool 2: Proper Gauge -- 4 stars. It took me a little longer to get into this one, but (again) the ending grabs you and you MUST keep reading.

Wool 3: Casting Off -- 5 stars. Possibly my favorite. Juliette is such an awesome character.

Wool 4: The Unraveling -- 4 stars -- We start getting real answers, but it lost the urgency I felt with the first three stories, but I never once thought I would put the book aside. There's TOO much I need to know!

Wool 5: The Stranded -- 4 stars -- We've got answers, we've got heroism, we've got bravery, we've got truth. It's awesome and (I feel) complete. I wouldn't mind more stories from the Silo, but I think the author did a great job of telling this story completely.

I read a couple of reviews that mentioned the title...and I think it makes sense. Part of why I wanted to read this is because the title was so random. Points to the author for grabbing my attention!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.

07/07/2012 page 45
8.0% "Tricky bastards."
07/08/2012 page 118
22.0% "So they're the bad guys?"
07/08/2012 page 211
39.0% "Maybe not "bad", but definitely not good."
07/08/2012 page 337
62.0% "Pretty sure she means it."
07/09/2012 page 539
100.0% "Love it when things end with a positive."