Jackie's Reviews > Timeline

Timeline by Michael Crichton

Nov 07, 08

bookshelves: science-fiction, time-travel
Read in January, 2000, read count: 2

Time travel gets me almost everytime!
This novel was exciting and unique, I could hardly put it down. Cool quantum technology that I barely understood aside, I felt like I was transported to the 100 Years War along with the team that sets out to find the Professor. And that's what makes a good novel into a great novel for me, and Timeline delivered.
One of Crichton's best.
And I got a crush on Marek so that helps in keeping it on my favorite book list. I think I'll read in again soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeline.

Nancy Totally agree, and hey, how could you not have a crush on a guy whose greatest desire is to save a damsel in distress?! My favorite character too. I read this book ages ago and loved it. I am always so surprised at how little attention it has gotten. Would love to hear some of you other "time travel favorites". Always looking for something new. Did you read Stephen King's 11/22/63?

Jackie Did you ever see the movie? They cast Gerard Butler in the role of Marek, I've been crushing on GB for years before that, imagine how happy I was, bringing together an actor crush and an book crush, how perfect life was that! lol

No to King, sadly I had to give up on him otherwise I'd have to hunt him down and kill him, hahaha I love his old stuff, he was once my most beloved author, now I can't read him, too long winded. I loved how he'd draw me in before the end of the first chapter, I was all in, and he's never let go until the very last word. He's lost that quality and I just can't put myself through it any more. I can't let go of how he used to be, how I want him to be that. I understand that he wants to be recognized as a 'literary' author and that's fine for him, but I just want to be entertained, not bored to death, lol

I have a shelf labelled Time Travel, http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...
I've read more, but can't remember many titles from before joining goodreads.

Nancy I agree about King being long winded and I avoid most of his books. The idea that 11/22/63 deals with time travel was what sucked me into this one.

I did see the film. Was disappointed in most of it but you're right about Gerald Butler. Yum!

Jackie GB was the best part of the film, lol

Are you enjoying 11/22/63?
How does it compare with his other work, both new and old?