Ibjoy1953's Reviews > A Promise for Miriam

Jul 29, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in July, 2012

MY THOUGHTS ON A Promise For Mariam

After losing his wife, Gabe just wants to leave his Amish community and his family and get away from it all. He buys a rundown farm in Pebble Creek, moves he and his daughter Grace and hopes to stay to himself. He doesn’t need anyone for anything. Just make Gabe happy by leaving him alone.

Miriam King loves her job as a school teacher, and even though she is way past the marrying age for Amish young ladies, she is perfectly content with her students and doesn’t really care about settling down and starting a family. After all she has her students.

It is when new guy in town, or their Amish community, Gabriel Miller showed up at school to enroll his daughter in school that all changed for Miriam, though she didn’t really realize it at the moment.

I love, love this story! And I love the people of Pebble Creek. Vannetta Chapman creates a cast of characters that will steal your heart as you read her new book, A Promise for Miriam. Just what is that promise? Well that is why you need to read the book for yourself!

I found myself thinking of the characters in this book as real life people! Gabe is hurting so much, but he really wants to do the right thing for his daughter Grace. He wasn’t expecting to go head on with a determined teacher trying to do the best for his daughter. He should know what Grace needs more than anything, shouldn’t he? If you are like me, you will find yourself laughing quite a bit throughout these pages. Gabe was one of these people that was hilarious, even though he really didn’t mean to be. I can truly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this well written, wonderful Amish story. And I am eagerly looking forward to the second book in this series.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fiction, and especially Amish and Christian fiction. You will surely not be disappointed in this one!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Promise for Miriam.