Brenda Sparks's Reviews > Touching Smoke

Touching Smoke by Airicka Phoenix

Aug 05, 12

Read from July 31 to August 05, 2012

It's always difficult to write a review without giving away too many details, but here goes.
This story revolves around a young lady who is coming into her "own." As the story unravels for sixteen-year-old Fallon, she discovers that her “own” causes her to: be haunted by a ghost baring a frighteningly familiar resemblance, be hunted by creatures with unusual abilities, and experience a supernatural draw to a handsome stranger.
The hero is a strong character. Isaiah's memory has been erased, but that doesn't stop him from being fiercely protective of Fallon. He battles the evil of the world, while caring for Fallon in a way that warmed my heart.
The ending of the story is satisfying, and yet it sets up the next story in the series so that the reader can’t wait to read the second installment. Not a simple task for an author, but Airicka Phoenix makes it look easy. Of course I would expect no less from such an excellent writer.
The writing was creative, exciting and rich with details that kept me surprised. Airicka Phoenix crafted this fast-paced story expertly and I truly enjoyed reading Touching Smoke. It was a page turner from beginning to end. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching Smoke.