Erin H's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Oct 03, 14

bookshelves: ya-supernatural
Read from August 06 to 07, 2012

I loved that the author sucks you into the story from the start. It was so interesting to read the flashbacks from when Nikki Returned and before she left. I really enjoyed Nikki as a heroine. She was very honest with herself and especially her feelings. I also liked Jack. I'm still not sure how I feel about them as a couple, but what he did for her, he deserves to be her hero. I have mixed feelings about Cole. I didn't like him at all in the beginning, I thought he was selfish and at times a bit sketchy. I felt him to be a bit obsessive over Nikki especially when he unexpectedly showed up. Towards the end, I grew to like him. He could perhaps be competition for Jack! Overall I really enjoyed the story. I really liked how it was based on the Hades and Persephone mythology with references to other Greek myths. I thought it had a good creep factor expecially with the Tunnels. I thought the author had such an interesting concept with the feeding of emotions and I can't wait to learn more about the Everneath!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.