Marialyce's Reviews > Bloodline

Bloodline by James Rollins

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: james-rollins-who-i-love-books, july-2012
Read from July 07 to 08, 2012

Here is another wonderful book by an author who does make me always sit and read from cover to cover in a matter of days. (well hours really!) There is something about his books that always thrills me and makes me ever so eager to read and read and read.

In this current novel, we are again thrown into the sinister world inhabited by the Sigma Force agents. All the fantastic characters are back with the addition of two new ones, a man, Tucker, and his combat trained dog, Kane. (hopefully they will reappear in the next novel as well!) This book picks up from the last one and we find the characters are embroiled in the rescue of the President's pregnant daughter who has been captured by Somali pirates. However, as those of us who are Rollins aficionados will attest to, there is more to this plot than random money making through ill gotten gains.

The action, as always, is fast paced, page turning, bite your nails type action. The characters, who at this point I feel I know personally, continue to be very human with that large touch of getting the job done no matter what the means. The settings and sinister nature of the novel take us round the world and as always Rollins does include that touch of realistic science that always lend his stories that element of truth. This is a real action thriller and Rollins is able to write this genre so well, that he creates vivid pictures in your mind, and carries you on a rollicking seesaw adventure never quite sure if our heroes will win in the end, because of course, there is constant evil in this world of theirs and ours.

This book is wonderful escapism into a world we would hate to think exists yet, possibly does. In conclusion, I only wish Rollins could write faster. God knows when it comes to his books, I can't read any faster!

10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodline.

07/07/2012 page 19
4.0% "I can see I will be spending the day with one of my guilty pleasures." 2 comments
07/07/2012 page 162
36.0% "Do love Rollins and not disappointed at all in this novel."
07/08/2012 page 302
67.0% "This is so James Rollins' good!" 8 comments

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Petes Question why is the captain called the head when major is a higher rank? I was wondering shy the majors were not leading then it was clearly stated the captain was the leader.