Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog's Reviews > The Mighty Storm

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-favourites, read-in-2012
Read from August 25 to 26, 2012

The Mighty Storm has to be one of my most anticipated books to read, like a child the night before Christmas counting the hours for that special moment to arrive. And just like Christmas (yeah if you didn’t guess by now it’s my favourite time of the year) this book did NOT disappoint.

I loved it…absolutely LOVED it. It was flawless writing and it had everything that I love in a story. It was full of emotion, so much so I literally felt exhausted by the time I had clicked that last page and the journey was over. I now feel a loss in my heart but truly as a reader that is a good thing. That piece of my heart went with Tru and Jake, so it’s all good!

Everything about this story felt real. The plotline; honest, raw and not pretty-fied but showed the ugly truth at times, which was so refreshing. The characters came across so real I could envisage them as I was reading and made that emotional connection instant to the point of me being unable to breathe and choking on my tears and at times I was so angry I literally had to step away…

I loved the music references; music to me is everything, as is reading. Combine the two like this Author did is a stroke of genius. It makes the journey so much more heart felt, you are in the moment, you feel and you react as if you are there watching it play out. Out there is a song for everyone, every emotion every situation. It makes your heart beat that much faster, it makes the hairs stick up on the back of your neck, and it even gives you the tingles and can bring on a smile or bring on the tears. Genius.

This story is about Tru and Jake; childhood best friends whose paths cross again after over a decade of separation with no contact. Tru lost her first love the day Jake walked out of her life all those years ago so it is with trepidation she lets him back in, unbeknownst to both of them the extent of the other’s feelings, the love never forgotten; the love that lives in both hearts.

I loved Jake, yes he is a hot tattooed alpha male Rock Star, however he is also a sensitive romantic soul and he has his faults but he owns them; he is real! Tru equally so, she is a beautiful, intelligent and sensitive girl who knew to be true to her heart yet didn’t take the chosen path lightly.

The brilliance of the writing encompassed every single character in this story. They were all so well written and added to the journey of Jake and Tru. None felt like they didn’t belong and I have to say, I especially adored Stuart.

I urge everyone to pick up this book and see for your-selves. You will not be disappointed!
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mighty Storm.

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Thanks Em. It really was an amazing story, so well written and with a HOT bad boy Rock Star...can't get better than that lol. And yes I can definitely recommend Sam Towle's other books, she really is a fab Author!! :)

Pansy Getting ready to read. Can't wait.