Tanya Patrice's Reviews > The Hollow City

The Hollow City by Dan Wells

Oct 10, 2012

Read from October 09 to 10, 2012

Wow, this is an in depth look into the mind of someone who is mentally unstable ... or is he really? The author had me going with this one - there were moments where I felt just as disoriented as Michael did, and being in his head was a trip. It was believable, realistic, and kinda freaky. However, as fascinating as Michael's story was, it took 179 pages before anything other than - "he's crazy and deserves to be committed" - to happen. That's a little over half the book.

But once we got going - we really got going. I was expecting some plot twist to explain what was really going on - I mean, the author practically told us this - BUT I didn't expect THAT twist ... or rather, those TWO twists! But I think because the author spent so much time on Michael's madness, when we finally got to the truth about the murders, it just didn't seem all that believable. I don't want to give anything away, but I wish Wells had gone into more detail about some of the other characters. It felt like I spent so much time in Michael's head, that when anything not having to do with him happens - it seemed like it was coming from left field.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow City.