Eunice's Reviews > Innocent Traitor

Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction

When I began reading this book, I didn't know anything about Lady Jane Grey, the "Nine Days' Queen". Afterwards, I found myself researching her and other characters within this novel. I went through this book quickly and really enjoyed it. The book drew me in from the prologue, and held my attention until the last word.
Throughout the entire novel, I felt sorry for Lady Jane Grey, who was essentially a pawn of her parents' desires of rising in terms of power. The book was written mostly in Jane's POV, but it also included the viewpoints of other characters like her mother and the queen. This gave more insight into those characters' reasons from acting the way they did, but it was also a bit confusing to have to go back and forth between different characters. Anyway, Jane was portrayed as very bookish and religious, and this innocence that she had made me sympathize with her. I actually got a bit teary near the end which was NOT GOOD because I was outdoors and people were starting to stare, haha.
I was able to thoroughly enjoy the book because I didn't know about Lady Jane Grey before reading this book, but I would recommend it to any person who enjoys reading historical fiction, regardless of whether or not you have already read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Innocent Traitor.